The class includes practice and exploration of balance and fall prevention, flexibility and coordination, and Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery!Moves. We do seated movement practices and a significant amount of standing and stepping in many directions. We move on the floor in a variety of positions (back, front, side-lying) as well as in all-fours and modified all-fours positions.
- a chair with a firm surface that allows you to slide a bit in order to turn
- open space free of obstacles about 6- or 8-foot square for standing and moving
- a mat and folded towel for head support as needed
- periodically, you’ll need a stick (walking pole, dowel rod), bean bag or other small object to toss, or other object
- the zoom app installed on your computer in advance. I can help you set up the zoom app if needed.